Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Arquette helps fight childhood hunger

Actor David Arquette is joining the fight to end childhood hunger by helping to launch a new charity campaign.
The Scream star has partnered with shopping website EcoMom.com, which donates one meal to a kid in need for every order placed, and on Monday he assisted workers in dropping off supplies to a food pantry in the Bronx, New York.
During an appearance on Good Morning America on Monday, he said, "I'm working with a company called EcoMom.com... It's a website for mothers where you can shop... and with every purchase you make, for one child, they get one meal a day. Hunger relief has always been an important thing for me and today we're doing a drop in the Bronx."
And the It's All Good campaign has a special place in Arquette's heart. He adds, "It's just something that I believe in, something that touched me when I was a kid. We (my family and I) were on food stamps, I needed meal tickets to get lunch."

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment